The Academy of Journalism is a high-quality training provider offering vocational courses in journalism and media as well as ongoing professional development. Founded in 1970 in Hamburg, Germany, the academy has trained more than 50.000 participants in Germany and worldwide.
What we offer :
• practical solutions which can be implemented in the workplace
• ongoing training in digital transformation
• courses for all media channels, formats and career stages
Our instructors are full-time journalists and media professionals who want to share their knowledge as part of our teaching programs. As a result, seminar participants are always up to date with the latest journalistic practice.
Our program is focused on skills that journalists and media people need in digital transformation.
In addition we offer in-house programs, tailor-made to your individual needs.
If you have any questions, we will always be happy to help. Feel free to contact us by phone or email for further information or booking.
Phone: +49 40 41 47 96 0
The Association Akademie für Publizistik
Board of Directors
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Thomaß, Ruhr-Universität Bochum (Chairwoman of the Board)
- Claus Strunz, Axel Springer AG (Vice Chairman)
- Rüdiger Ditz, Madsack Medien Campus (Treasurer)
- Nils Haupt, Hapag-Lloyd
- Holger Stark, DIE ZEIT
- Ilka Steinhausen, NDR 90,3
- Dr. Katja Wildermuth, BR