Smartphone cameras have become amazing tools over the last few years. Even Hollywood directors like Steven Soderbergh have used them for their work. In this online course, you’ll learn everything to get you started with mobile video production: how to shoot and edit professional videos with your smartphone and what apps and equipment you need. We’ll also talk about storytelling and about which format works best for which social network.
09.45 – 10.00 Group check-in on Zoom
10.00 – 12.30 Live Online Course
- Understanding your smartphone camera
- Different camera apps for more manual control
- How to shoot your video footage from different perspectives (with exercises)
- How to get clear and audible sound in an interview (with exercises)
12.30 – 02.00 Lunch Break
02.00 – 05.00 Live Online Course
- The best video editing apps for Android and iOS
- Introduction to video editing
- Exercise: editing your video footage
- Publishing your videos to different platforms
What you will learn
After this course the participants will know ...
- how to capture and edit high quality video footage which engages your audience on websites and social media platforms
- which microphone is best for which situation and how to get a clear sound
- which additional equipment you need and how to integrate it into your workflow
This course is recommended for...
Journalists, PR specialists, marketers, editors, bloggers and all those who produce and publish video content.
Interested in an offer?
Place: online (Zoom meeting)
Fee: € 290
Trainer: Bernhard Lill
Freelance journalist and trainer
Bernhard has focussed on online journalism and on how to tell stories for websites, mobile devices and social media since 2009. Previously, he worked as an editor, a freelance reporter and producer for major broadcasting companies (BBC World Service, Radio Bremen and NDR) and also wrote for well known German print publications. At the Akademie, Bernhard teaches digtal storytelling, mobile video production, social media and SEO. www.digital-storytelling.eu