The internet offers many opportunities to tell stories in an emotional, exciting, and multimedia way.
This concise workshop gives an overview of different storytelling formats and shows how stories can be digitally implemented using the best free apps, tools and free software. Participants who wish to work on their own multimedia projects should bring along texts, photos, short videos or graphics. Those who don’t have any self-produced content will be provided with training material.
09.45 – 10.00 a.m. Group check-in on Zoom
10.00 – 12.30 a.m. Live Online Course
- Introduction to storytelling
- Digital storytelling formats: Multimedia report, Instagram Story etc.
- The best apps and online tools for digital storytelling
2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Live Online Course
- Participants work with the featured apps and tools or come up with a concept for a digital report
- Discussion of concepts and feedback
What you will learn
After this course the participants will understand
- different Digital Storytelling formats
- how to use the featured apps and tools
- how to produce and publish digital stories
This course is recommended for…
Journalists, PR specialists, marketers, editors, bloggers and all those who publish web content
Date: 16 November 2021
Place: online (Zoom meeting)
Fee: € 290
Trainer: Bernhard Lill
Freelance journalist and trainer
Bernhard has focussed on online journalism and on how to tell stories for websites, mobile devices and social media since 2009. Previously, he worked as an editor, a freelance reporter and producer for major broadcasting companies (BBC World Service, Radio Bremen and NDR) and also wrote for well known German print publications. At the Akademie, Bernhard teaches digtal storytelling, mobile video production, social media and SEO. www.digital-storytelling.eu